Looking to start a career in PR? Internship offered
P1 Communications is an award-winning travel & property PR agency with offices in Richmond in SW London. We are looking for a PR Intern to work with us over a 3 month period. The opportunity would suit anyone looking to start a career in Public Relations and gain valuable work experience as the position will give them a good understanding of the work of a professional PR agency.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Compiling media coverage and preparing client reports
2. Posting content onto the company website
3. Social media – posting
4. Researching suitable media, compiling media lists
5. Liaising with the media on behalf of clients
6. Media monitoring of editorial requests
7. Preparing a summary of relevant weekend news
8. Scheduling meetings and writing minutes for meetings
9. Helping with the organisation of press trips
10. Writing press releases, social media posts and newsletter items
We are looking for a graduate,or under graduate domiciled in the UK, to be available for at least 20 hours per week within daytime office hours 9am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday for a 3 month period to work in the Richmond office.
This is an unpaid internship but expenses of up to £15 each day will be provided.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
1. English as their first language (mother tongue)
2. Organised and strong admin skills
3. Good telephone manner and excellent writing skills
4. Proactive and good at problem solving
5. Friendly, outgoing nature
Crown House, 9 Duke Street, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1HP. Richmond Station is 5 minutes walk from the office, which is on the District Line tube and main line train routes.
If this opportunity could be of interest to you, please apply with a short email or cover letter saying why you would be suitable (including when you would be able to start) with your CV attached.